Abby developed a fever this afternoon that brought us to the office to check her counts. The doctors decided to admit her and start a stronger IV antibiotic. Dr. Graham had prescribed a prophylactic antibiotic which we were delivering at home. They are checking her new line as well as her port for any infections. If her fever stays down and none of her lines show infections, Abby will be discharged in 24 to 48 hours. It looks like she is ready to get her platelet transfusion and is very close to needing red cells. So, my gues is this is her body's typical way of saying, "I'm going to need some blood".

You can praise God with us that her fever developed during the day which saved us from a visit to the ER. You can also praise God that the new oncology unit here is so quiet and peaceful. We will certainly get some good rest.

02:19 AM, 18 May 2005 by Amy Oldham Permalink | Attach Photo

Add comment